We know that when we see gingival inflammation we may well be seeing whole-body inflammation on a local level.
But what do we do about it?
Systemic inflammation is the primary factor related to chronic breakdown of our complete health. There is a strong relationship between periodontal inflammation and systemic inflammation. Integrative Dental Medicine engages dental teams as the gatekeepers of systemic inflammation.
In this course, you’ll learn how to recognize the signs, symptoms and cycle of oral inflammation and infection. Understand the role of the human stress reaction in triggering a cascade of physiological reactions including biochemical imbalances, blood sugar dysregulation and insulin resistance, and gastric reflux. Gain the knowledge and the ability to make meaningful differences in our patients’ lives through professional awareness, interdisciplinary practice with other medical professionals, patient education, screening, diagnosis, and treatment of systemic inflammation and infection.
Suggested prerequisite: IDM Foundations Seminar
This on-demand course will provide you the knowledge, tools and business strategy to immediately begin addressing these concerns in your practice.
- Explain the detailed relationships between local and systemic inflammation and dental concerns
- Receive and utilize a checklist for screening, testing and treating oral pathogens through non-surgical periodontal therapy
- Develop a system for communicating with patients through co-discovery and co-decision making
- Learn how to review and interpret test results and develop personalized treatment plans
- Discover how to collaborate with other medical specialists to address oral and systemic inflammation
The Essentials of Inflammation Course includes:
- What is the Oral Systemic Inflammation/Infection Connection?
- Get to Know the Five High Risk Oral Pathogens
- Salivary Testing and Interpretation
- Non-Surgical Periodontal Therapy Options
- Non-Surgical Periodontal Therapy: Case Studies
- Introduction to Systemic Inflammation
- Systemic Inflammation Testing
- Systemic Inflammation Therapy
- Blood Glucose Dysregulation and Oral Systemic Health
- The GI Tract and Oral Systemic Health
...along with digital downloads, mobile access, and more! 8.5 CE credits awarded upon successful completion of the course and exam.
"IDM Scholar Society is awesome!!! First meeting in St. Petersburg was outstanding!!! Thank you all for everything you are doing!!!"
-Dr. Mike Milligan