We know that when we see gingival inflammation we may well be seeing whole-body inflammation on a local level.
But what do we do about it?
Inflammation & Infection Workshop
Systemic inflammation is the primary factor related to chronic breakdown of our complete health. There is a strong relationship between periodontal inflammation and systemic inflammation. Integrative Dental Medicine engages dental teams as the gatekeepers of systemic inflammation.
In this course, you’ll learn how to recognize the signs, symptoms and cycle of oral inflammation and infection. Understand the role of the human stress reaction in triggering a cascade of physiological reactions including biochemical imbalances, blood sugar dysregulation and insulin resistance, and gastric reflux. Illuminate the signs and symptoms of the never-ending circle of inflammation, sensitivity and infection. Gain the knowledge and the ability to make meaningful differences in our patients’ lives through professional awareness, interdisciplinary practice with other medical professionals, patient education, screening, diagnosis, and treatment of systemic inflammation and infection.
This intensive workshop will provide you the knowledge, tools and business strategy to immediately begin addressing these concerns in your practice.
- Learn the detailed relationships between local and systemic inflammation and dental concerns
- Receive and utilize a checklist for screening, testing and treating oral pathogens through non-surgical periodontal therapy
- Receive training in developing a system for communicating with patients through co-discovery and co-decision making
- Discover how to collaborate with other medical specialists to address oral and systemic inflammation
- Explore a business model for profitability, insurance coding and marketing new services and lines of business
Day 1 & 2: 8am – 5pm EST
Day 3: 8am – noon EST
Tampa / St. Petersburg, FL
Limited Attendance – Up to 30 Attendees (Doctor/Hygienist only)
Must be present and available for the full weekend workshop.
No late arrivals and no early departures. No exceptions.