We know how to recognize the signs, symptoms, and cycle of oral inflammation and infection.
But how do we implement an Integrative Dental Medicine
approach in our day to day practice?
Advanced Inflammation & Infection Workshop
Registration has closed for the 2023 workshop
We know that systemic inflammation is the primary factor in chronic breakdown of our total health.
Dental professionals require the tools and knowledge to effectively evaluate, diagnose, and treat various local and systemic inflammatory disorders. Join IDMSS in this comprehensive workshop where participants will engage in hands-on activities, including case studies, role play exercises, and collaborative treatment planning, all aimed at enhancing their understanding of the oral-systemic connection and empowering patients towards better health.
Recommended prerequisites: IDM Foundations Seminar, Essentials of Inflammation
In this hands-on workshop, learn to empower your clinical team to implement new systems in their practice related to oral pathogens, salivary testing, non-surgical periodontal therapy, systemic inflammation screening (diabetes, GERD, inflammatory markers), patient education and lifestyle coaching.
Attendance is limited.
- Utilize the IDM Checklist to guide evaluation, screening, testing, diagnosis and treatment of various local & systemic inflammatory disorders.
- Develop a clear working knowledge of salivary testing the 5 high risk periodontal pathogens through evaluating multiple case examples and before & after treatment reports
- Participate in role play exercises designed to help patients understand the oral-systemic connection and specific lifestyle changes that can empower them toward better health
- Participate in analyzing case studies of patients with elevated salivary and blood markers for inflammation and infection
- Collaborate with a partner(s) to develop specific treatment plans, based on using the provided therapy guidelines sheet
- Learn the clinical options for assessing blood sugar levels and metabolic health status
- Evaluate blood panels for systemic inflammatory markers
- Develop a treatment strategy for your own health
- Strategize on how to build your own successful IDM practice model
- Create a strategy for producing a significant ROI in your own practice
Piper Education and Research Center (PERC)
St. Petersburg, FL
Thurs & Fri, Oct. 19 - 20, 2023
15 CE Credits Awarded
OCT 19-20, 2023
(DDS, MD, PA, NP, CDT, etc.)
OCT 19-20, 2023
(RDH, DA, RN, LVN, MA, Consultant etc.)